Grants & Programs Specialist
Volunteer Panelist Program
Citizen advice is central to government support of the arts. The Iowa Arts Council relies on volunteer panelists with a broad range of artistic and cultural viewpoints to bring expertise to the application review process. Panelists are reimbursed for travel expenses incurred during reviews, but are not compensated for their services.
Volunteer Panelist Requirements
Nominees must be at least 21 years of age, Iowa residents and have professional experience in one or more of the following areas:
• An arts discipline
• Arts education
• Management of nonprofit organizations
• Community-based arts projects
If you would like to become a volunteer panelist, or if you would like to nominate someone else, please:
1. Fill out the Volunteer Panelist Nomination Form
2. Submit the form electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or hardcopy to Veronica O’Hern, Iowa Arts Council, 600 East Locust, Des Moines, IA 50319.
* Nomination does not guarantee selection to serve on a panel. Nominees will be added to the Iowa Arts Council’s panelist pool and will be contacted should a fitting opportunity arise.