For Immediate Release: November 4, 2009
Contact: Jeff Morgan
Iowa Arts Council launches “Live the Arts in Iowa” campaign
Promotional effort connects and promotes the arts in Iowa
(DES MOINES, Iowa) — The Iowa Arts Council launched a new statewide promotional campaign this week to raise awareness and build visibility for the arts in Iowa.
“Live the Arts in Iowa” gives artists and arts organizations a brand that can unite their interests and highlight Iowa’s cultural arts offerings with a consistent message. More information is available at www.iowaartscouncil.org or by calling IAC at 515-281-5111.
“Each artist and arts organization has qualities that make them special and unique,” said Cyndi Pederson, director of the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs. “This promotional campaign gives them a new tool to show how vibrant and well-connected the arts are in Iowa, and I encourage Iowa’s artists and arts organizations to take full advantage of this program.”
Lt. Governor Patty Judge recently offered her support and is urging artists and arts organizations to make it a top priority at events and festivals, and in marketing materials and other areas.
“As I have traveled around the state promoting the arts, I have heard repeatedly that we need to build visibility and raise awareness of the arts opportunities that exist in Iowa,” Lt. Governor Judge said. “This new and exciting campaign will help spread the word about the great work Iowa artists are doing, and help bring greater visibility to the arts in our state.”
IAC is encouraging artists and arts organizations to take the following steps with Live the Arts in Iowa:
- Download the Live the Arts in Iowa logo at www.iowaartscouncil.org and add it to programs, posters and print materials to show what they do is part of the big arts picture in Iowa.
- Add the Live the Arts in Iowa logo to signage outside box offices, registration tables and artist booths.
- Order Live the Arts in Iowa notepads, magnets and pens to hand out at festivals and events – or even at board meetings. The order form can be found on-line at www.iowaartscouncil.org.
- Help IAC design Live the Arts in Iowa print ads that can be used statewide. Visit www.iowaartscouncil.org for information about this light-hearted Ad Campaign Contest.
- Find ways to talk in their communities about how people Live the Arts in Iowa – then publish that information in their newsletters and on Web sites.
- Get creative with ideas, and share them on the Live the Arts in Iowa Facebook page.
IAC’s Ad Campaign Contest submissions must be received by Dec. 31, 2009. Submissions will be posted on IAC’s Facebook page where “friends” can vote for their favorites.
Five winning entries will be announced in IAC’s February newsletter and posted on IAC’s Web site for artists, arts organizations and others to download and use for their advertising needs.
Visit www.iowaartscouncil.org or call 515-281-5111 for more information.
# # #
The Iowa Arts Council is a division of the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs and works to enrich the quality of life for Iowans through support of the arts. Funding for the Iowa Arts Council and its programs is provided by the state of Iowa and the National Endowment for the Arts. More information at www.iowaartscouncil.org.